Monday, October 13, 2008

Funny!

Alright so this is a pretty funny story i couldn't pass up telling anyone who wants to listen. So the horn in my car has not worked for a long time now, and when i took it in to get registered they told me i needed to fix it before it would pass. So my dad being the super dad he is, told me he would do it. Well the next day i was driving home from work and randomly my horn starts honking with no initiation on my part. Luckily i was pretty close to home and it didn't cause too much embarrassment. Well i totally forgot about it until i drove to school today. For those of you who don't know i go to the DATC in kaysville, roughly a 45 minute drive in morning traffic. Right as i am getting off the exit my horn starts freakin out! Don't even worry that im stopped at the light and there are cars all around me just staring. Then the whole rest of the way to school it continues to honk, some long in duration, others sparatic and short. I can't even imagine what every car around me was thinking, not to mention i passed several joggers. It started out as very embarrassing, then frustrating as nothing i tried, or hit would turn it off. But, by the time i got to school i was laughing uncontrollably. Those are the best times when your alone and something is so funny you can just laugh outloud. Hope you all got a laugh out of this as well!

5 comments:

Ben and Jen Bailey said...

That is so great. Just think of all the people that you made laugh.

Carly said...

That's so funny! In high school, that same sort of thing would happen in my friend Kylee's car. Except for her horn would honk when she turned left. She used to get embarrassed and just wave to people like she meant to honk at them.

The Coopers said...

That is so funny, I was laughing so hard outloud. You can imagine, it was not a pretty laugh either. It reminds me of Brian Reagan, his bit about the horn going off by itself. That is so funny though, I love when something is so funny, and you are alone, and you wish that you could tell someone or they could actually witness the situation! Glad you shared! What a sweet dad.

The Coopers said...

Hey you have to stop by sometime again, I loved it when you called me out of the blue to stop by. Well I know you are so busy. But feel free to anytime! See ya soon :)

aminut said...

Hey Erin,
I saw you on Katie's blog and had to stop in. I CAN NOT stop laughing. I just wish I was with you...I think I would have peed my pants from laughing so hard. Did you try turning your stereo off to see if by chance it would turn off your horn...ha ha.
Thanks for sharing,
Amanda from class